It’s time to dust off your pile of rubber stamps because today we are coming at you with a quick tutorial on how to make hand stamped kitchen towels. These towels are fast and easy to make. You will spend more time gathering supplies than it will take you to make them.
Early this morning Mom was reminiscing on welcoming committees bringing handmade housewarming gifts when you moved to a new neighborhood. Who wouldn’t love that? Definitely not us!
Idyllic notions of the past made us think, why not put a little kindness into world? With a new neighbor and the creative thoughts rolling South Shore Kitchen was on a mission because nothing says welcome to the neighborhood like a hand stamped towel and a Hoosier Sugar Cream Pie!
Hand stamped towels are not only a lovely way to welcome a neighbor but a great tagalog with the dish you are taking to the summer cookout.
DIY Kitchen Towels
- Flour Sack Towels (Any flat light colored cotton towels will work)
- Rubber Stamps
- Permanent Ink Stamp pad (We use Staz-On)
- Protective paper to cover work surface
- Lay a single layer of fabric on flat hard surface covered with protective paper.
- Choose stamps for your design.
- Do a quick check to be sure there are no wrinkles in fabric or table covering. You are ready to begin stamping.
- When pressing stamp on pad be sure to get a good coverage of ink. Using firm even pressure stamp your fabric.
- Let towel sit for a few minutes to dry