Looking for a quick and easy side dish that you can make on the grill? The South Shore Kitchen has you covered! Our sheet pan carrots have a robust garlic flavor, a bit of zesty fresh ginger and a sweet honey butter glaze. They are delicious and sure to win over your pickiest of eaters.
To make these carrots in the quickest way possible. Preheat the grill or oven, start the glaze and then prep carrots. Working in this order will have you done in less than 30 minutes and most of that will be the cook time.
The garlic ginger glaze is super quick and easy. Tastes fantastic and isn’t syrupy sweet. All you need to do is add honey, butter, garlic, ginger and honey to a medium saucepan. Cook on medium heat until mixture thickens. Toss in carrots give them a good stir and then pour on sheet pan for roasting. That’s about it.
As a matter of personal preference, we use whole carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch sections, quarter the fat parts of the carrots. However, feel free to do you, any shape or size of carrots will work as long as they are similarly sized for even cooking. Please, for the love of everything DO NOT overcook the carrots. There is nothing worse than mushy carrots. Ok, there is a long list of atrocities that are worse but for real, overcooked carrots are gross. Cook time should be 15-20 minutes max.
There you have it, our newest favorite carrot recipe here at the South Shore Kitchen. We are sure that you will love it! Comment down below or @thesouthshorekitchen on Instagram and let us know what you think. Pair it with our Mini Crispy Pork Sandwiches and really blow your mind!Print
Garlic Ginger Sheet Pan Carrots
- Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. ginger, freshly grated
- 3–4 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into evenly sized 3” sections
- Salt & coarse ground pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat grill or oven to 425o F
- In a medium saucepan, add butter, honey, garlic, and ginger. Simmer over medium heat for 5-8 minutes. While glaze is simmering, peel and chop carrots.
- Toss carrots into thickened glaze and stir until well coated. Place coated carrots on a lined sheet pan using tongs or slotted spoon. Do not crowd carrots on pan.
- Once carrots are on sheet pan spoon remaining glaze on top and season with salt and coarse ground pepper.
- Place on grill or in oven for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
Keywords: Garlic Ginger Carrots