Read above flambe warning before proceeding.
- In a medium sized cast iron skillet over medium heat, add orange juice, orange zest, lemon juice, sugar, and cornstarch. Whisk until all ingredients are combined and sugar is dissolved.
- Next, add tart cherries and any reserved juice. Continue cooking for approximately 3 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat source, pour in honey bourbon, and light. Return skillet to heat source and let the alcohol burn off before stirring. Allow cherry mixture to cook until it reaches a thick saucy consistency. Let pie filling cool to room temp before filling pie crust.
- Preheat oven to 400o
- Pour filling into pie crust, add top crust or lattice design. Brush with egg wash and bake for 10 minutes at 400o. After 10 minutes, reduce heat and continue baking at 350o for 50 minutes.
- Let pie cool completely before cutting.