Looking to spice up your chicken game? Pepperoncini brined roasted chicken is where it’s at! Super moist, tender roasted chicken with a hint of pepperoncini flavor. It’s delicious and hardly any effort. This is definitely a new favorite here at the South Shore Kitchen!
Pour & Wait
We like to save the brine from our jars of pepperoncini’s once we have a couple. It’s time to make the chicken. All you have to do is grab a container that will fit a whole chicken, pour enough brine liquid to cover and let sit in fridge overnight.
The next day when you are ready to cook the brined chicken you can roast in the oven or rotisserie on the grill. In the spirit of summer, we avoid turning on the oven at all costs. The following instructions will be for cooking on the grill but feel free to use your favorite roasted chicken recipe cook times for baking in the oven. Here is a roasted chicken recipe from Bon Appetit if you need a oven cook time reference.
Fire Up the Grill
Rub seasoning on the bird and place whole chicken on the rotisserie attachment grilling on med temp until internal temp reaches 180 degrees F. The cook time will vary depending on the weight of the chicken but generally it should be around 1 ½-2 hours. After the chicken is cooked, allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
There you have it, zesty pepperoncini brined roasted chicken. Great taste ands you didn’t even have to break a sweat. If you are looking for a side dish check out our creamy cucumber salad. Give it a try and @thesouthshorekitchen on Instagram. Comment down below and tell us if you prefer oven roasted chicken or rotisserie grilled.Print
Pepperoncini Brined Roasted Chicken
- Yield: 1 Chicken
- Method: Roasting
- Pepperoncini Brine
- Whole Chicken
- Garlic Powder
- Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- In container with a lid, add whole chickn and cover with pepperoncini brine.
- Allow to marinate overnight in fridge.
- Remove chicken from brine and pat off excess liquid.
- Combine spice ingredients and rub seasoning on the bird.
- Place whole chicken on the rotisserie attachment. Grilling on med temp until internal temp reaches 180°F. The cook time will vary depending on the weight of the chicken, but generally it should be around 1 ½-2 hours.
- After the chicken is cooked, allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Keywords: Chicken Brine