Cheers to Tuesday! Time for a little Cocktail Corner and we are knocking back a pineapple rum smash. If this is a first for you, we made them South Shore Kitchen style lots of super sweet pineapple, fresh picked mojito mint, a splash of simple syrup, and a citrusy blast of lime juice.
No Waste, Great Taste
This is a perfect recipe when you have some fresh pineapple that is getting a little over ripe. Grab your shaker, throw in a pinch of sugar, add mint leaves, use muddler to break up into smaller pieces. Once mint is crushed add a healthy handful of diced fresh pineapple and get to smashing. You want to break the pineapple down to release all the juice and not to have large chunks floating in your drink. Check out the recipe below for full details.
We gathered the South Shore Kitchen team for a tasting, prepared our pineapple rum smash and busy rating. All cocktails we rate are scaled 1-5 on the cheers scale. Some are good, others are downright awful but this one was definitely a winner. The official rating is a unanimous 4 stars from all our entire team. We all agreed it’s the perfect summertime drink! Light and fizzy, like a spiked pineapple Perrier.
Let us know if you love fruity drinks to beat the heat! Comment down below and tell us if you tried our pineapple rum smash recipe. If you would like to try some of our other Cocktail Corner recipes, check out the French 75, Paloma, Whisky Smash , Dark and Stormy or the Oaxaca Old Fashion.Print
Pineapple Rum Smash
- Yield: 1 Serving 1x
- 3–6 mint leaves
- Pinch of sugar
- Handful of fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 ½ oz simple syrup
- 2 oz white rum
- 2 oz. lime juice
- Topo Chico, to top
- Optional Garnish- mint leaf or lime slice
- In a shaker, add mint leaves and pinch of sugar. Smash with muddler to break up mint.
- Add a handful of fresh pineapple and continue to mash until the pineapple chunks are broken down and the juice has been released.
- Add simple syrup, rum, and lime juice to shaker. Top with ice and give it a good shake.
- Pour entire contents of shaker into a rocks glass. Top off with Topo Chico and garnish. Enjoy, cheers!
Keywords: Pineapple Rum Cocktail