If you love a sweet fruit pie this will send your taste buds on tasty adventure. You can even use any extra berries as a topping for our chocolate sheet pan mini cakes!Print
Seasonal Fruit Pie
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 65 minutes
- Total Time: 85 minutes
- Category: Pie
- Method: Baking
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (we use Pillsbury in the red box)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups gooseberries
- 2 cups jostaberries
- 1 cup rhubarb, diced
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour, heaping
- 1 tsp lemon juice
6 cups of any type of berry can be used instead. Make it your own!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place all of the above ingredients in a large saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Your goal is to dissolve sugar and thicken up the sauce. Cooking time can vary a little bit depending on the fruit you use. Set aside and let cool.
- Roll out pie crust into a deep 9″ pie pan.
- Pour cooled fruit mixture into pie crust.
- Bake in center of oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes reduce temperature to 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
If you are not a seasoned pie baker we like to reccomend using a clear glass pie pan. It helps you to monitor the doneness of your crust to prevent over baking.