Strawberry Flavored Angel Food Cake
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-45 minutes
- Total Time: 40-50 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Cake
- 1 box of angel food cake mix, Pillsbury just add water mix
- 6 Tbsp freeze-dried strawberry powder
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Optional garnish: whipped cream and berries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit with the oven rack in the lowest position.
- Whisk strawberry powder with dry angel food cake mix until well blended. If your strawberries were freeze dried whole, you will need to smash them with a rolling pin or pulse them in a blender or food processor until they are in a fine powder form.In a large mixing bowl add strawberry cake mixture and water. Blend until moistened taking care not toovermix. About one minute on medium speed.
- In a large mixing bowl add strawberry cake mixture and water. Blend until moistened, taking care not to overmix. About one minute on medium.
- Pour batter into an ungreased tube pan.
- Bake in the center of the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 35-45 minutes. Remove from oven when crust is a dry golden-brown color with cracking on top.
- Remove from oven, invert cake and let cool before removing from pan.
- Garnish with whipped cream and berries before serving.
- Be sure to use freeze dried strawberries NOT dehydrated
- We used 3 (0.7-ounce) bags of So Natural freeze-dried strawberries from Dollar Tree