This recipe is one of our favorites here at South Shore Kitchen due to its versatility and you only need three ingredients. Yes, THREE ingredients! White chocolate whipped cream frosting is sturdy enough to frost a layer cake or airy enough to use as a dip for fresh fruit. Perfect alternative frosting for our Texas sheet cake.Print
White Chocolate Whipped Cream Frosting
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 3 oz. package of white-chocolate Jell-O brand instant pudding, do not substitute another brand
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Chilled mixing bowl
- In a medium mixing bowl sift dry ingredients together 2-3 times ensuing they were well blended. Set aside.
- Pour heavy whipping cream to chilled mixing bowl and whip on high until medium peaks have formed.
- Slowly add pudding/sugar mix to whipped cream and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Use immediately or refrigerate in air tight container for 3-4 days.
- Only use Jell-O brand white chocolate instant pudding. I have tried many other brands and the flavor and texture does not come out.
- Make sure you are using instant pudding NOT cook and serve.
- As with all things involving heavy whipping cream your mixing bowl should be chilled for an hour. If you are like us and just wing it in the kitchen your problem can be solved by placing a few handfuls of ice in your mixing bowl and swirl around for 2-3 minutes until well chilled. Pour ice out and you are ready to whip.
- We are having a kitchen debate. Mom says medium peaks isn’t a real thing. I say yes. To clarify, whip heavy cream past soft peaks but not quite to firm peaks.
- Our ingredients are sifted together with a fine mesh strainer but if you are feeling fancy an actual sifter will work just as well.
Keywords: Frosting, pudding, white chocolate